When I entered the exhibition. Death Star II, Darth Vader and Stromtroopers were welcomed visitors.
Death Star is full of detail. There are X-Wings and TIE Fighters around it.
There was a photographer who will take the visitors photo with Darth Vader in Meditation Chamber. The photo prize is about 1,000 yen.
Tokyo Tower from TOKYO CITY VIEW.
There are 6 sections in the exhibition. Begin with Original Vision that exhibits the media which inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars.
Because the photograph is prohibited. I will tell the interested things in each sections in addition to the above news report video.
- Vision of Force – Exhibit force related art pieces. What I like most is the real lightsaber props and Jedi Temple model from Lucas Museum.
- Vision of Battle – Exhibit the vehicle models and 12″ figures in each battles in the story. The vehicle models are full of detail, decorated with LED light. Some have the movable parts. Although their size are very small compare to their real scale.
- Vision of Saga – Exhibit costumes and props of main characters.The character drawings are also shown.
- Vision of Galaxy – Exhibit the real size statues and drawing of aliens in Star Wars universe including Jabba the Hutt statue and real Ewok costume for filming.
- Vision of Droid – Exhibit the real size statues of series iconic droids. C-3PO and R2-D2.
Like many exhibitions there’s shop selling the goods near the exit. The goods sold are the ordinary Star Wars goods which can be buy outside this shop but there are the event exclusive goods too.
However at the time I visited, most of exclusive items were sold out. I bought patch and book that include drawings from the event. I also want the Japanese style tea cup but I’m afraid it may be broken while I travel. So I didn’t buy it.
Other than medal and gachapon vending machines there was a model of Sapporo Snow Festival snow sculpture that was shown at the exit too.
Another activity is take a photo with Darth Vader statue on Sky Deck. However it was raining on that day so it was canceled.
Roppongi Hills Art & Design Store on the 3rd floor also sold the Star Wars goods. The goods are not exactly same as goods sold at special shop.
The stores in West Walk also sold Star Wars related goods such as this UNITED ARROWS tee. It’s very expensive.
My first day dinner was wafu orochi sauce hamburg bento from 7-Eleven. The taste was better than I thought. I also like the spaghetti side dish.
That’s all of the first day of my trip. Next time I will write about Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku dome tour concert on my second day of the trip. Please look forward to it.